Employment enquiries and applications
Applications including a covering letter, full CV, copies of relevant documentation to support your application, together with contact details of three referees can be addressed to the Principal and sent by email or by post to:
365 Birdwood Terrace
On employment, all applicants are required to hold or be eligible for a Positive Notice Blue Card for child related employment. Boarding positions are open to female applicants only.
Stuartholme School is an equal opportunity employer.
Accounts Receivable Officer
Stuartholme is a Catholic, Independent Girls’ School catering for Secondary Day and Boarding students. It is committed to the education of young women in the philosophy and tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Stuartholme is a member of the Sacred Heart International Network with more than 140 Schools in over 40 countries, educating within the philosophical framework of the Goals of Sacred Heart Education.
The Accounts Receivable Officer is responsible for the collection and payment of all monies owing to the School. The Accounts Receivable Officer supports the Finance Team under the direction of the Accountant.
This is a permanent part time/term time position working 22 hours per week spread across 4 days, during term time. Occasional school holiday work may be required from time to time.
- In consultation with the Accountant and Commercial Director, ensure that best practice models are developed, implemented and communicated in relation to financial and operational procedures.
- Receipting of cheques, cash, EFTPOS, direct credits and BPAY in a timely manner;
- Assist the Accountant with monthly account reconciliations;
- Coordinate the billing process for academic fees, boarding charges (including international payment receipting) and charges relating to co-curricula activities;
- Liaise with parents in relation to payment options, account enquiries and the timing of fees and co-curricula charges.
- Assist parents as required in the use of payment technologies and use of the Stuartholme School Portal;
- Prepare correspondence in relation to debtors;
- Prepare reports regarding debtors to the Accountant and Commercial Director including an annual review of the payments schedule;
- Reconciliation of debtor accounts;
- Work effectively with debt collection agencies as required in relation to the collection of funds from delinquent accounts;
- Be proactive in implementing processes to improve the efficiency and functionality of the Synergetic debtors module.
- Maintain effective filing and archiving systems.
The Accounts Receivable Officer will be qualified or have the equivalent training/experience in accounting, book-keeping, administration or a related field.
- Ability to liaise confidently with parents regarding fees and outstanding accounts
- An accountability focused attitude
- Punctuality and reliability
- The ability to work independently and as a team player
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to maintain high professional standards in relation to confidentiality and integrity
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level computer literacy including Microsoft Office, databases and various e-communication packages
- A strong commitment to customer service
- The ability to work effectively in a small busy team environment, balancing competing priorities and working within tight deadlines to achieve work goals
- Experience in accounts receivable or finance roles
All staff are expected to support the Catholic ethos of the School and the Goals of Sacred Heart Education.
Applicants are required to hold a Positive Notice Blue Card for Child Related Employment. If you do not currently hold a Positive Notice Blue Card you need to be eligible to apply.
The Application Process
Applications including a covering letter, full CV and contact details of three referees should be emailed no later than Friday 5 May 2017. Interviews will be conducted during the morning on Thursday 11 May 2017. Emails should be addressed to The Principal and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org