Like many other schools during this period, Stuartholme became the 42nd General Hospital of the United States Army during World War II. During this time, students continued their education at Canungra and then at Southport.
For much of its history, Stuartholme operated as a boarding school only. Although the School now caters for both day and boarding students, the Boarding House continues to provide Catholic secondary education for many girls who would otherwise not have this opportunity. Stuartholme is Brisbane’s only Catholic girls’ boarding school.
As our School population has grown over the years, the facilities have also developed. The Library wing was built in 1986 and replaced the wartime structure left by the United States Army. The Spruson wing was added in 1992 and work began in 2002 on the multi-purpose Joigny Performing Arts Centre which replaced the old nurses’ quarters erected in 1942. Sporting facilities have been developed over time, with the most notable additions being the five tennis courts, oval and recently built Aquatic Precinct.