At Stuartholme, all students will follow a common course in Years 8 and 9. Our general policy in mathematics in years 8 and 9 is one of delayed specialisation as we feel that it maximises the opportunity for all students to master basic mathematical content. To cater for individual needs, teachers will supply extension material for students who work through the core material quickly.
Year 10 students are placed into either Mathematics B Foundation Studies [Advanced Mathematics] or Mathematics A Foundation Studies [Intermediate Mathematics] based primarily on performance in Semester 2 of year 9. Mathematics is compulsory for all year 10 students and sets the groundwork for Year 11, which emphasises the importance of allocation students into these diverse year 10 mathematic subjects.
- Mathematics (Years 8 and 9)
- Mathematics 10A Foundation Studies
- Mathematics 10B Foundation Studies
- Prevocational Mathematics (Year 11 and 12)
- Mathematics A (Years 11 and 12)
- Mathematics B (Years 11 and 12)
- Mathematics C (Years 11 and 12)