How You Can Help
Thank you in advance to the many generous staff and students who are committing time to supporting the Camp programme.
A large part of this inaugural Sony Children’s Camp is about involving many members of the school community. Within our community lies a remarkable and diverse range of skills and resources. We would like to provide you with the opportunity to become involved in the programme in whatever way you may deem appropriate.
Work is underway to build special groups to assist where help or support may be required. With this in mind we are seeking assistance from parents and carers – through donation of time, talent or goods which can support this very important initiative.
Some of the tasks we need assistance with include:
- Give some time during the Camp, (Saturday 21 to Monday 23 September), to assist in running an activity or putting the children to bed
- Sponsor a morning or afternoon tea
- Donate food items (e.g. meat or salads for a barbecue)
- Help cook a barbecue
- Make cup cakes (to be iced and decorated by the children)
- Assist with scrapbooking – by helping the students and or donating items suitable for scrapbooking (e.g. paper, stickers, glue and trinkets)
- Assist in obtaining the use of significant pieces of equipment (see Special Equipment below) to be able to manage the special needs of our Campers
- Assist in a way that has not been listed here e.g. a visit from a police car or fire truck.....
If you are unable to donate goods or time, perhaps you could help to sponsor the procurement of items by buying a Supporters Star (PDF 220KB) for $20 which can be tagged to the item or service of your choice in support of the programme.
"The generosity of this camp gave not only a wonderful time for our son, but the most precious gift of all to my wife and I the gift of time"